Friday, April 1, 2011

Graduation Thanks

As of two weeks ago, I am a college graduate, which is crazy, i know. I never thought I would get to this point after 16 consecutive years in school. I am not a big school person. I hate math, I disklike writing papers, especially ones with APA citation. It's the death of me. Thank goodness for copy/paste and easy bibliography websites! It felt great to be a college graduate. Did you know that only 17% of people who start college actually get a bachelor's degree? It was great timing as I was graduating in the best shape of my life surrounded by amazing love and support. Anyway, as I head into my new journey of life I am bogged down with uncertainty.I had my life after graduation mapped out with a job in law enforcement, but as I have found out, its not so easy. But before I move forward, i want to take a moment. Breath, soak it all in and THANK the people who have all helped me along the way, because without any of you, I wouldnt have made it through! I had a grad party, and seeing all the people who have been there at different stages at my life all at once was amazing. I have had people who have left footprints in my heart all along the way and I am blessed to be surrounded by such amazing friends, family, teachers, mentors, and others!
  • To my parents, who are rock solid through anything, thank you for all your love and support in no matter what i want to pursue. Without you, none of this would be possible literally. I would not be the person I am today if you were not my parents! J: You are such an inspiration. Thanks for always being there. I am so blessed to have an amazing sister like you. Our relationship only gets better everyday! JP: You are always good for a laugh, thanks for being such an amazing brother, I love spending time with ya and look forward to being your neighbor. M: I love you, you have been there through thick and thin, even when we couldnt see eachother for weeks, when I pulled all nighters, thank you for being so amazing and supportive. You've seen me at my worst and still love me anyway. Mama T/Sister Shelly: You have been so supportive through school and life struggles. I am so glad I have been able to get to know you and the boys over the last couple years. Thanks for allowing me to impede on your life :) Beauty group: Through such a tough time, i have found friendship with some of the most amazing people I could ever know. Thank you. TK, KG, AO: You are so funny! I love gettin comments from you to "shrinky dink." You may not know it, but it keeps me going, so thank you! Kal: You are such a strong, amazing woman. i look up to you so much, thanks for being an amazing friend even when you're dealing with more than i could ever imagine.
Those are just a few in a list that grows and could fill up several posts! Which, I intend to thank more people in future posts, so dont feel left out if you're not here :)

1 comment:

  1. awwe shrinky dink. we're all here for you and are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete