Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Driving my life away....

If I am known for one thing, its how much I drive....or used to drive. I have a notorious record for logging ridiculous amounts of miles on my car....For example, one day I got up at 430am, drove to 3 hours to suprise my sister, only to turn around 3 hours later and come home because she was planning on coming home....But several weeks ago, I did a 24hour trip to Paradise(not the actualy name, but its what i like to call it.) I could not take any time off of work and had a wedding to go to Saturday, so I went to the wedding, then my mom and I hopped in Dori(my subaru) and started the journey north, which consists of a border crossing, 2 hour ferry ride, and about 4 hours of driving besides all that. We got to a hotel around midnight, got up at 6am and drove to meet my dad at a marina.

The purpose of this was because my grandpa had made the trip with my dad and others to our floathouse in "paradise". I did not get to fish with him the previous year and he is a young 87 years old. Not knowing what the future holds, I felt it was important for me to make the long journey up there for one day of fishing with my grandpa. And it was 100% worth it! We laughed, cried, and swapped stories the whole time. I love my grandpa. I dont get to see him as often as one would like, but he is an incredible man and witness. We only caught one fish, and I was only up there for exactly 24hours, I would not trade it for anything and would easily do it again in a heartbeat if I had to. As I get older I realize the importance of the small moments and events that take place in our lives and have learned to take what i can and hold onto the memories and lessons learned along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment