Friday, February 18, 2011

Firsts....

I made this blog to tell of my adventures....so thats what i should get to doing!
I have been straining to remember my first fishing experience, and well I can't remember the very first one, but I will tell you one of the first experiences I do.
I used to live on a small island, easy access to fishing....which was very convienient. We also used to have commercial netters out in front of our house as well. My dad and I would go out after work just in front of our house and put some poles in the water. This particular time, fising had been slow....really slow. My dad told me to go up in the bow, organize, and clean up for a bit while he put the poles out. He had never asked me to do this before I thought it odd, but don't question Big poppa! So I was up in the bow cleaning and I hear my dad start screaming "I got one! Come here, I got one as I was going down, get over here now!!" My dad handed me the pole and I reeled the fish in. I could tell it was pretty big by the weight on the end of the pole. We landed it and it was close to 40lbs!!! I was so freakin excited!!! Only I thought it wierd that when we got it in the boat it didnt move....no flopping, not one hmm.....My dad said it must have been "worn out." But I was still proud of my 40lber! We took it to the dock at the local marina and I proudly showed off my trophy chinook!
(Come to find out, my dad had bought it from the commercial guys and put it on the line and let it out while I was up in the bow "cleaning". Oh boy...thats why I love my dad!!)

1 comment: