Monday, February 28, 2011

What did you expect?

Its been cold and snowy here the last week. I take this opportunity to dress comfortable, while being warm. For me that involves layering of sweatshirts, long underwear, Carhartts, romeos, and a hat. I dressed like this the last two days partly due to the weather and partly for a class (we were playing a fisheries game and I was a captain.) I went to Starbucks before heading to campus both days. While in Starbucks I noticed the odd looks and strange faces. It humors me to see people wondering why on earth im not all cutesy in a scarf that matches my Ugg boots, which also coordinates with the new jacket I just bought thats 'so cute!' To be honest....I just dont give a flying hoot what these people are thinking when they see me in my Carhartt pants and jacket. There is something so empowering to me to be able to wear practical clothing in this weather, be comfortable, and be true to yourself. I hate stereotypes and how I am expected to fit into some silly little image that you have of me or women in general. I am sure some of you feel this way too. I dont get why people try to hard to be someone else. You are already yourself, why work 5x as hard to become someone your not? For those of you who know me personally know who I am, and how I respond. Don't get me wrong, I have had to go through some trials to get here and be able to say I am proud of who I am and what I stand for, but I think I am stronger for it. So I challenge you to be yourself, because no one else can be you!

1 comment:

  1. so true shrinky dink. so true. love you lots. :)
    but, i do like my black and pink romeos. lol.

    ReplyDelete