Thursday, February 10, 2011

Land of the heels....

This weekend I went to Las Vegas with my sister for a friend's bachelorette party. Now let me tell you...I am not a girly girl, which you might have already caught on to and I don't look to other people for approval. I don’t like heels, I don’t wear lil black dresses, and I certainly don't like to spend two hours putting stuff on my face and trying to get intricate curls just right in my hair. I will say, however, that it's fun to get dolled up and go out every once in a while even if it's not my style. So, I tried it. The first night there the three other girls I was with dressed up in their lil dresses; me? I was in jeans with a nice top. Ok, ill admit it! I wore some heeled boots...We had to walk through a mall to get to the strip, and 5 mins in I was already window shopping for the nearest pair of flip flops that was not 100.00, which was unsuccessful. We made it to the first bar (which was still in the mall/hotel area), sat down to have a drink...and not ten minutes later I was hobbling back to the room to change to flip flops. Call me a wimp, but I just couldn’t do it.
Day 2 we hit the strip. I feel like we walked about 30 miles, which was fun, but boy was it tiring. We made it to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar, which let me tell you, I love that bar. Country music playing, monitors on the wall playing country music videos all day, and beer/whiskey served from mason jars...come on, what could be better?
All in all it was a great trip, I learned quite a bit about myself, especially in discussion with my sister. But one thing that was consistently going through my head is that I didn't belong in the scene. I'm not the type of girl who likes to get foofied up, which there is nothing wrong with, its just not for me. Another aspect to this is I am not the type of girl who seeks out attention from the opposite sex. Even if I wasn't in a great, committed relationship, I still would not go out seeking to catch a someone's eye. Call me old fashioned, but im not all about looks, I want a genuine personality, and for me if I draw a guy because how I look, nothing else, it's not worth it. Someone needs to be able to approach me for me, as I am, not as how I am suppose to be. Id rather be the odd girl out in jeans, COMFORTABLE and able to walk the WHOLE night (and the next day).

No comments:

Post a Comment